Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers
If you suffered a personal injury because of another person’s carelessness, you need representation from an experienced Santa Clarita personal injury attorney you can trust. At Pisegna & Zimmerman, it is our mission to advocate for your best interests.
The attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman have a reputation for dependability and a passion for helping people. We have more than 60 years of combined experience and a proven track record of recovering fair compensation for our clients.
We are prepared to manage every aspect of your case, including:
- Investigating your accident
- Negotiating with insurance companies and lawyers for the other side
- Collecting evidence to determine the full value of your case
- Applying our detailed knowledge of state laws in pursuing the justice and compensation you deserve
Contact us today to find out how we can help you. Your initial consultation is free and confidential. If we take your case, we only collect legal fees if you receive compensation.
How can Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyers Help my Case?
While there is no requirement that you hire a personal injury attorney to represent you, there are numerous benefits to doing so. Personal injury attorneys, like those at Pisegna & Zimmerman, use their experience to:
- Determine an accurate value of your claim and pursue fair compensation
- Find the evidence needed to prove fault for your injury
- Talk to medical experts to find out all of the ways your injury affects you
- Negotiate fair compensation or go to trial
When you contact us, we will carefully review the details of your accident and injuries to determine your legal options and any compensation to which you may be entitled. Call the personal injury lawyers at Pisegna & Zimmerman today to speak with a lawyer. We will only recommend pursuing a case if we think it is in your best interest to do so.
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury is an injury to a person’s body, mind, or emotions. Often when a defendant’s negligent behavior causes an injury to the plaintiff, a personal injury lawsuit is filed. Some common types of personal injury lawsuits include:
- Unsafe premises
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents, including workers’ compensation claims
- Construction accidents
- Slip and falls
- Work-Injury death
Types of Compensation in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Money damages are awarded in personal injury lawsuits to compensate the victim for any pain and suffering caused by the injury along with any related expenses and costs. There are two types of compensation in a personal injury lawsuit, compensatory and punitive.
Compensatory compensation acts as reimbursement for injuries and is related to financial loss. Compensatory damages often include the following:
- Medical bills including future medical care due to injuries
- Lost wages, current, and future if unable to work
- Pain and suffering due to physical discomfort and distress, as well as your mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life such as inability to do hobbies, exercise, and other pleasurable aspects of life
- Other damages including loss of consortium, disfigurement, increased risk of future harm, shortened life expectancy, and future care-taking expenses
Punitive damages are damages meant to punish a wrongdoer for extraordinarily reckless or intentional behavior. They are usually a significant amount of money above and beyond compensation for injuries. Only the most reprehensible conduct calls for punitive damages.
An experienced personal injury attorney, like those at Pisegna & Zimmerman, can tell you if your case may qualify for punitive damages. There are time limits on personal injury lawsuits. Therefore, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney today! To request a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your case, please call us or complete our online form today.