Santa Clarita Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction sites are inherently dangerous and demanding work environments. Even when following all safety precautions, construction accidents can occur and result in serious injury to a worker. Unsafe work environments can also lead to a work injury or even death.
If you or a loved one suffered a construction accident injury in the Santa Clarita area, contact Pisegna & Zimmerman. Your injuries may entitle you to compensation from the construction company and possibly other parties. At Pisegna & Zimmerman, our fierce and compassionate attorneys are:
- Experienced in cases involving workplace injuries;
- Familiar with federal and state regulations specific to workplace injury claims; and
- Dedicated to providing our clients with one-on-one attention.
Let the Santa Clarita construction accident lawyers at Pisegna & Zimmerman guide you through the complexities of your claim and help you recover compensation for your losses.
Contact our law firm NOW at (818) 888-8888 for a FREE initial consultation, or fill out a contact form and we will reach out to you directly. We are a “Virtual Ready” law firm – we can meet with you over Zoom and utilize DocuSign for rapid legal form processing. When needed, we can travel to your location to discuss your matter personally.
How Can Santa Clarita Construction Accident Attorneys Help?
It is essential to seek the help of an experienced construction accident attorney to ensure you and your family can protect all of your legal rights. The construction accident attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman can help you and your family fight for compensation such as:
- Medical bills, hospital bills and rehabilitation costs associated with treatment for your injuries
- Lost wages as a result of missing time from work because you’re injured, including lost earning capacity for the future
- Emotional distress you’re suffering due to a serious injury
- Pain and suffering, both past and future, including diminished quality of life
A devastating injury can mean significant financial hardship to both an injured construction worker and their family, leaving them to face a lifetime of treatment and expenses. If you or a loved one were the victim of a construction accident, call the construction accident lawyers of Pisegna & Zimmerman today for a free consultation.
Common Construction Accidents and Injuries in Santa Clarita
Working at a construction site is one of the most dangerous jobs in America. Construction accidents injure or kill thousands of workers every year. Some of the most common construction accident injuries are the following:
- Falls from scaffolding, roofs, or cranes
- Falling objects such as tools or hard hats
- Equipment-related accidents, nail gun misfires, rollovers
- Being backed over or crushed in-between heavy equipment
- Fires from leaking pipes or chemicals
- Trench or building collapses
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Heatstroke, hypothermia
- Lead exposure
- Respiratory diseases, asbestos, silicosis
- Medical conditions caused by these injuries can include:
- Amputation of fingers, toes, or limbs
- Broken bones or fractures
- Burns from fire or electricity
- Cuts from nails, tools, or machinery
- Loss of vision from impaling by sharp objects
- Loss of hearing from loud noises and loud equipment
- Spinal injuries from falls
- Post-traumatic stress disorder from being involved in an accident
- Toxic exposure to chemicals, welding chemicals
- Head trauma or brain injuries from falls or dropped objects
Who is at Fault for a Construction Accident in Santa Clarita?
Often one of the most challenging tasks in a construction accident is determining the responsible party. Owners, architects, contractors, and equipment manufacturers may be liable for construction accidents caused by insufficient safety measures and unsafe work environments. General contractors and subcontractors are responsible for providing appropriate safety provisions that ensure a construction site is reasonably safe as well.
Manufacturers of construction equipment are responsible for defective or dangerous products that are at fault in a construction accident. If manufacturers do not employ the proper safety measures in production of this equipment, they are subject to liability when an accident occurs due to one of their products.
What to do if You are Injured in a Construction Accident
In the event you are injured in a construction accident, it is essential to do the following:
- Get prompt medical attention for the injury;
- Report the injury to the employer or manager;
- Get accounts and information from any witnesses;
- Take photographs of the injury, scene of the injury, and any equipment involved; and
- Contact an attorney to learn more about your legal options.
When you are the victim of a construction accident, it is vital to understand your benefits and your rights. The construction accident attorneys of Pisegna & Zimmerman may help you recover compensation for initial medical costs, continued medical care, and income benefits. Additionally, you may qualify for long-term care and even non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
Please call us or complete our online form for a free online consultation. The personal injury attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman are here to assist with additional information regarding your claim. Your consultation is free, and you never pay any upfront charges.