Canoga Park Accidental Death Attorneys
When you or your family suffer the unexpected loss of a loved one, turn to the compassionate team at Pisegna & Zimmerman. With over 60 years of combined legal experience, we use all of our resources, knowledge, and skill to reach the best possible outcome for our clients.
While nothing can ease the pain of your loss, our wrongful death attorneys can walk you through the legal process and work to hold the responsible party accountable. Whether your loved one was killed at work or not, don’t go through this painful experience alone. Contact the wrongful death attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman today to receive a free case evaluation and consultation.
Why Choose the Wrongful Death Attorneys of Pisegna & Zimmerman?
The experienced Canoga Park accidental & wrongful death lawyers have the resources and expertise to offer your family dedicated, compassionate legal counsel. This enables you to focus on other important matters during this stressful time. At Pisegna & Zimmerman, our wrongful death attorneys will:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation of your case
- Gather needed evidence
- Hire needed experts
- Represent you in negotiations and settlement discussions
- If necessary, take your case to trial
No amount of compensation can replace your loved one. With Pisegna & Zimmerman, you can seek justice for your loved one and seek any compensation to which you are entitled.
The Canoga Park wrongful death lawyers of Pisegna & Zimmerman serve families whose loved one has died in an accident on or off the job throughout the San Fernando Valley, and our neighboring communities of Reseda, Winnetka, West Hills & North Hills.
Contact our law firm NOW at (818) 888-8888, or fill out a contact form and we will reach out to you directly. We are a “Virtual Ready” law firm – we can meet with you over Zoom and utilize DocuSign for rapid legal form processing. When needed, we can travel to your location to discuss your matter personally.
What is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death is the accidental (or negligent) death of an individual that is caused by a wrongful act or omission of another. This negligent conduct can take any form including:
- Gas explosions
- Workplace accidents
- Product liability
- Construction accident
- Tractor and Machinery accidents
Who Can File a Work-Injury Death Lawsuit in California?
There are limited people able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. They include:
- The surviving spouse
- The surviving domestic partner
- The surviving children
- Any heir entitled to proceeds from the estate
- If financially dependent on the deceased and able to prove it, the following can also bring a wrongful death lawsuit in California:
- The surviving alleged spouse and children of the alleged spouse
- The surviving stepchildren
- The surviving parents of the deceased
In California, wrongful death lawsuits need filing within two years of the death of a loved one. Under certain circumstances, family members who witness the death of a family member are entitled to pursue a claim. However, the claim is for bystander emotional distress, not wrongful death.
What Kind of Damages are There in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Damages, or compensation, in a wrongful death lawsuit can include:
- The deceased person’s pre-death pain and suffering. This is known as a survival claim
- The medical treatment costs that the deceased victim incurred as a result of the injury before death
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the deceased person’s expected income
- Loss of any inheritance as a result of the death
- Value of the services that the deceased would have provided
- Loss of care, guidance, and nurturing that the deceased would have provided
- Loss of love and companionship
- Loss of consortium
The survival claim allows the estate to receive damages that the deceased incurred from the moment of the injury until the time of death. This might include pain and suffering or lost earnings until death.
If you have questions about compensation for a loved one’s death, and that death was due to the negligent or wrongful acts of another, call or submit an online form to the wrongful death lawyers of Pisegna & Zimmerman. We can help your family get the compensation and justice you deserve for the untimely death of your loved one.