Canoga Park Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
When you suffer an injury at work, the Canoga Park workers’ compensation attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman are here to help you get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. It is our goal to get you the benefits you need as quickly and seamlessly as possible. At Pisegna & Zimmerman, our attorneys are:
- Experienced in claims filing process;
- Caring and compassionate about our clients’ needs;
- Able to provide individual attention to each client; and
- Skilled and tough negotiators.
Call Pisegna & Zimmerman today. We never charge any upfront fees and only collect if you win. At Pisegna & Zimmerman, our workers’ compensation lawyers want you to receive the maximum benefits to which you are entitled.
The Canoga Park workers’ compensation lawyers of Pisegna & Zimmerman serve clients throughout the San Fernando Valley including our neighboring communities of Woodland Hills, Van Nuys, Northridge, Sherman Oaks, Pacoima, North Hollywood, Sylmar, Reseda, Winnetka, West Hills & North Hills.
Contact our law firm NOW at (818) 888-8888 for a FREE initial consultation, or fill out a contact form and we will reach out to you directly. We are a “Virtual Ready” law firm – we can meet with you over Zoom and utilize DocuSign for rapid legal form processing. When needed, we can travel to your location to discuss your matter personally.
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in San Fernando Valley Can Help
Having a workers’ compensation lawyer can be a great benefit to a claimant. Not only will a workers’ compensation lawyer make sure all of your paperwork is correct, filed, and in by the deadline, but we also work tirelessly to:
- Gather the evidence needed to support your case;
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company;
- Prepare any settlement agreement; and
- If necessary, prepare you for and represent you at a hearing or trial.
Insurance companies have lawyers on their side, and so should you. Pisegna & Zimmerman assist and represent you in all of your workers’ compensation matters. Contact us for a no-obligation consultation.
Work Injury Lawyers in Canoga Park
Workers’ compensation is a system that exists in all states to protect employees who become hurt or contract an illness as a result of their job. Workers’ compensation is a state-mandated insurance program that provides benefits to employees who suffer work injuries and job related illnesses. California has its laws and programs for workers’ compensation.
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault benefit system designed to help workers who are injured or sick due to their work conditions or environment. Benefits provided by the workers’ compensation system typically include medical care and payment of a certain percentage of a worker’s wages. This is in exchange for the worker not being able to sue the employer.
- To be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, a worker must:
- Be an employee of a company that has workers’ compensation insurance;
- Be injured at work or as a result of job-related duties;
- Report the injury to their employer.
If the worker fails to report an injury within a specified period, they may lose their right to receive benefits.
What Types of Injuries are Covered by a Workers Compensation?
Workers compensation covers injuries such as the following:
- Injuries occurring on employer property or at employer events;
- Injuries caused by employer properties, such as employer equipment;
- Injuries from exposure to dangerous conditions; and
- Affliction or aggravation to pre-existing injuries or conditions.
Workers’ compensation coverage includes injuries that result from misuse and overuse as well as illnesses and diseases that come on gradually at work. These could consist of chronic back problems, heart conditions, lung disease, and stress-related digestive problems.
What Types of Injuries are Not Covered by Workers Compensation?
An employee with a work-related illness or injury can get workers’ compensation benefits regardless of who was at fault. However, workers’ compensation does not usually cover injuries that happen because an employee is intoxicated or using illegal drugs. Workers’ compensation may be denied in the following situations, too:
- Self-inflicted wounds;
- Injuries suffered while a worker was committing a serious crime;
- Injuries sustained while an employee was not on the job; and
- Injuries suffered when an employee’s conduct violated company policy.
If you suffer a work injury, speak with one of the attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman. You need to know your legal rights and all the benefits to which you are entitled. There are deadlines for filing workers’ compensation claims, so call Pisegna & Zimmerman today. For a free consultation with our Canoga Park workers’ compensation attorneys, fill out our online form or call us at (818) 888-8888.
Our workers’ compensation law firm serves the entire San Fernando Valley and communities throughout LA County. We service all courts and Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) offices and appeals boards in Southern California.