Santa Clarita Permanent Disability Lawyers
If you or a loved one are disabled and unable to work, call Pisegna & Zimmerman for helpful legal advice about obtaining permanent disability through Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). At Pisegna & Zimmerman, our attorneys are:
- Respected permanent disability lawyers in Santa Clarita
- Experienced in handling SSDI cases and securing benefits from the Social Security Administration
- Knowledgable and capable of navigating the Social Security system to pursue maximum benefits for our clients
Pisegna & Zimmerman offers free case evaluations and consultations. Contact us today to discuss what disability benefits you deserve under federal Social Security. We never request an attorney fee in a permanent disability claim unless you are approved and receive benefits.
Why Hire the Experienced Santa Clarita Permanent Disability Attorneys of Pisegna & Zimmerman?
Although you are not required to have a permanent disability lawyer to file for permanent disability benefits, you are statistically more likely to receive benefits when you use an attorney. An experienced permanent disability attorney, like those at Pisegna & Zimmerman, can help ensure your case moves through the Social Security system as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- At Pisegna & Zimmerman, our Santa Clarita permanent disability lawyers can:
- Help prepare an initial application for Social Security Disability Insurance
- Assemble the documentation required for a claim and make sure there are no errors, discrepancies, or omissions
- Approach your treating physician to obtain the precise information and documentation necessary to gain the approval of your claim
- Appeal a denial of your permanent disability benefits claim to the proper administrative level
Our skilled permanent disability attorneys can help prevent processing delays in your Social Security claim from the result of construction accidents and all other disability claims.
Contact our law firm NOW at (818) 888-8888 for a FREE initial consultation, or fill out a contact form and we will reach out to you directly. We are a “Virtual Ready” law firm – we can meet with you over Zoom and utilize DocuSign for rapid legal form processing. When needed, we can travel to your location to discuss your matter personally.
Am I Eligible for Permanent Disability Benefits, or SSDI, in Santa Clarita?
Social Security Disability (SSDI) benefits, or permanent disability, are a type of insurance payment for workers who are injured or ill and, therefore, unable to continue working. To be eligible for SSDI, workers pay premiums each month through Social Security payroll taxes or FICA deductions from their paychecks. To qualify for SSDI benefits, an individual must work and pay FICA long enough to accrue SSDI benefits.
While you continue working and paying FICA, you remain insured for disability benefits. If you stop working and stop paying FICA, your insured status eventually ends. Usually, your insured status extends five years beyond when you last worked.
To receive SSDI benefits, it is normally necessary to prove that you became disabled before the date your insured status ended.
What Documents are Required to File for Permanent Disability?
An SSDI application requires completing multiple forms and providing proof along with the information included in these forms, including:
- Medical documentation that establishes disability;
- Workers’ compensation claim records if the applicant has an occupational injury or illness; and
- Details of financial holdings such as bank accounts, retirement accounts, other assets.
- These materials are used to demonstrate that the SSDI applicant:
- Has a disability that has lasted, or is expected to continue, at least 12 consecutive months, or result in death;
- Is unable to do the work he or she performed in prior jobs; and
- Is unable to perform any other work available in the national economy based upon his or her age, education, and previous work experience.
The amount of benefits a successful applicant receives each month depends upon how long and how much he or she paid into the Social Security system while working.
Steps to Take Before Applying for Permanent Disability
There are steps to take before applying for SSDI benefits that can improve your chances of a successful application:
- Check the Social Security guidelines to see if you qualify for SSDI benefits
- See your doctor for your medical records including evidence of your condition, the severity of your condition, and how long you’re expected to be disabled
- Collect the information needed to file your SSDI application
- Contact an experienced SSDI attorney
Any mistake or omission on your permanent disability application can delay your claim for months or even years. At Pisegna & Zimmerman, we can help ensure your paperwork is accurate, on time, and has all the information needed for expedited approval.