Lancaster Personal Injury Attorneys
When you or a loved one is injured, your family’s well-being and financial viability are at stake. Getting legal representation quickly can help you secure the medical treatment and compensation to which you are entitled. The Lancaster personal injury lawyers, like those at Pisegna & Zimmerman, are on your side.
The legal team at Pisegna & Zimmerman has over 60 years of combined experience and is:
- Devoted to every client individually
- Highly successful in their field
- Fluent in English, Spanish, Farsi, Armenian, and Cambodian
Pisegna & Zimmerman is a full-service law firm that takes care of all the legal work on your behalf. Call us today for a free case evaluation and consultation.
How can the Lancaster Personal Injury Attorneys of Pisegna & Zimmerman help?
A personal injury attorney is more than just an advocate in case you need to go to court. Personal injury attorneys are listeners, evidence gatherers, evaluators, and pathfinders. The personal injury attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman will assist you throughout your personal injury case, including:
- Handling your case personally, listening to your needs, and responding quickly to your questions
- Calculating and documenting all of your losses
- Ensuring that all court documents, insurance claims, and other paperwork is filed correctly
- Systematically gathering crucial pieces of evidence
- Interviewing witnesses who saw the incident that caused your injury
- Representing your interests during negotiations with insurance companies
- Fielding prospective settlement offers and acting in your best interest
Call the personal injury attorneys at Pisegna & Zimmerman today. We can take care of all the legal aspects of your personal injury so you can focus on your family and recovery.
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit allows an injured person to recover compensation when someone else’s wrongful conduct, be it negligence or an intentional act, causes them harm. Several situations can give rise to a valid personal injury claim, but not every injury automatically results in legal liability. Some personal injury lawsuits involve permanent disability, and some of the most common types of personal injury cases are the following:
- Car accident cases.
- Slip and fall cases.
- Dog Bites
Types of Compensation in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Most personal injury damages are compensatory. This means that they are intended to compensate the injured person for losses due to the accident or injury. Compensatory damages are a means of putting a dollar amount on an injury.
When compensatory damages are reimbursement for property damage and medical bills, they are easy to quantify. However, it is difficult to place a monetary value on pain and suffering or the inability to enjoy life due to physical limitations.
Compensatory damages often include:
- Medical treatment associated with the accident, both reimbursement for treatment received, and compensation for the estimated cost of future medical care
- Loss of income, present, and future:
Punitive damages are possible in a personal injury lawsuit when a defendant’s behavior is outrageously careless or despicable. Punitive damages are intended to act as a deterrent for future negligent behavior from any at-fault parties.
Never agree to a settlement before speaking with the experienced Lancaster personal injury attorneys of Pisegna & Zimmerman. We can help give you a clear understanding of the scope of your injuries and what types of compensation you could need to pay off existing medical bills and maintain you in the future. Call the personal injury and work injury attorneys, or complete our online form today to schedule a free consultation.